Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Speeding.....

Many of you know I have a tendency to speed when driving, especially to work as I'm usually running late. I have been so excited that I will have a clean driving record by the time I get back from Peru. (Although my dad says I would find a way to get a ticket even down there.) Yesterday on my way to work.....I got pulled over. I was speeding and got a ticket, just what I need! I know it was my own fault, it's just really frustrating and was the start to a yucky morning.

My mom and dad knew I was having a rough morning as I had called my dad to vent and laugh (what else can you do?), about the ticket. So my awesome mommy and daddy took me out to dinner because they love me and wanted to help make my day better! But not only did they take me out to dinner, when we got home, they presented me with my first donation! They wanted to be the first to contribute to my funds needed for Peru. Needless to say, I cried out of love and happiness!

This day turned out to be pretty awesome! Just reminds me that God is in control and He can take a bad day and make it better through the people you love.

James 1:17
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

If you are interested in supporting my journey prayerfully or financially, please visit my link at www.extremenazarene.org/sailsbery to join as a prayer partner or make a donation. Your prayers and contributions are greatly appreciated! Also, if you would like to sit down with me and hear more about how I have come to this opportunity and how God has been working in my life over the past few years, just email me from the link and we can set a time to get together before I leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment