Thursday, June 3, 2010

Differences.....

* Wear you backpack on your chest in sketchy areas and in combi's.
* Commute in the morning includes walking over a river of sewage water
* You get around by using a combi - a bus/van used for "public" transportation - the other night I'm sure there were 70 people on one combi!
* My perspective of a "warm" shower has changed.
* You must put used toilet paper in a trash can next to the toilet, do NOT flush the toilet paper. I have gone fishing a couple times for toilet paper because I forgot! idiotk
* Don't drink the water, use only pure water.
* No constant internet access.
* The trash trucks play music, why....I have no idea.
* None of the vehicles here would pass emissions. You get used to smelling the fumes.
* Almost getting hit by a vehicle while walking seems to be a daily occurence.
* I actually make my bed here!
* I actually do the dishes (by hand) here! (Would someone please scrape my family off the floor??? I'm sure they are in shock!)
* Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (Desayuno, Almuerzo, y la Cena) are eaten at the kitchen table.
* The dryer is up on the roof and its called a clothes line.
* People are wearing winter jackets when its 65 degrees outside.
* Your feet are always dirty, just get used to it.
* Everything seems really expensive because if it's S./30, that seems like a lot but its really only $10.
* Clean is relative.
* Your clothes are wrinkled and your hair is a mess, get over it.
One of our families favorite quotes.....It's All Part of The Experience!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment